Shri Surya Narayan Mandir
Surya Veer Sang
The year 2 class is the second year of our four year intensive program on the fundamentals of Sanatan Dharma. All students eight years and above can enroll in the second year. Students from the first year class will be graduated to this class at eight years of age, this is when the child can fully understand and participate in the material that is being taught. Parents are welcome to join this program also.
In the second year class students are provided with basic knowledge of all topics listed in the syllabus and will have a better understanding on the concept of Hinduism. In addition to the Syllabus students will be able to chant Mantras, Prayers and other chants from our Shastras. They will also learn the true meaning of respect, proper behavior, love for all, how to control the mind and be successful Hindus. Students with an overall average of 70% will graduate to the year 3 class at the end of each school year.
Everyone can be a perfect student and excel, if you give 100% you will definitely receive 100%.
- Sanatan Dharma – Hinduism
- Books of Hinduism (Shastras)
- Authors of Vedas, Mahabharat, Ramayan, Puranas.
- Lord Ganesha, Mother Saraswattie.
- Kalpas – Satyug, Tretayug, Dwapar, Kalyug. Discussion on time
- Bhagwatam – Stories of Lord Krishna
- Closer look at Ramayan – Briefly discuss the seven Kandhas.
- Bhagwat Gita – Brief overview.
- Vedanta- Mind, Sense, Body, Atma. Discussion on Satyam, Mithya.
- Values – Truth (Satyam), Purity (Souchyam)
– Compassion (Daya), Charity (Danam)
- Festivals – Holi
- Krishna janamashtami
- Hanuman Jayanti
- Raksha Bandhan
- Gita Jayanti
– Ganesha Chaturti
– Pitri paksha
- Pooja – Overview of a complete pooja – preparations etc
Detail sixteen steps of one pooja
- Famous Personalities of Hinduism
1. Punctuality & Attendance:
Classes are held every Friday at 7:00pm. Students are asked to be on time in order to obtain maximum benefits from the lectures and not to disrupt other students. Each week we will present a new topic and students are urged to attend all classes in order to have a full appreciation of the course. Students also have to attend Sunday services at least twice each month and volunteer in mandir activities as required.
2. Role of Parents:
- The Mandir will be opened at 6:30 p.m. for parents who would like to drop off their child/children earlier. Parents are asked to pick up their children promptly at 8:30 pm.
- Parents are encouraged to participate in the class with their children, if time permits, or assist in the related activities of the course.
3. Dress Code:
- All are encouraged to wear mild color clothing.
- If short pants are worn they must be up to the knees.
Students are encouraged to wear S.S.N.M. T-shirts for class.
- Everyone is expected to be respectful to each other and to Acharya at all times. Males will be addressed as Bhai and females will be addressed as Bahen or by adding Ji at the end of names
- No chewing of gum will be allowed in the Mandir. No unnecessary talking.
5. Home work/Exams:
- It is compulsory that all homework is completed on time. We need parents’ cooperation in this area. Exams will be given each semester.
May Lord Ganesha & Mata Saraswattie bless All participants so that their studies can be successful.
Om Shanti Shanti Shanti.