Surya Veer Sang
Fourth Year Syllabus
Acharya : Gurumaa Radha Hardowar
Phone # : (718) 878-5680
Email : email@example.com
With the completion of three years of studying the various topics that encompasses this ancient science of Sanatan Dharma. The students are now ready to practice what they have learnt, to actually be true representatives of the Surya Veers (Brave). In the fourth year class, Vedanta (the study of the self), chanting of Bhagavad Gita shlokas, various stotras, Ramayan and Yoga, to name a few, are introduced. We firmly believe that armed with this knowledge, our children will be able to take on any problem they may encounter. We encourage and emphasize the need for Public speaking in this class. Students prepare and present various topics to the rest of the class and their style, content and manner of presentation are critiqued.
The main goal of this class is to help prepare our students to face the challenges of modern day society. By creating a clear awareness of their absolute nature “Aham Brahma Asmi” —— I am Brahman, coupled with the ability to skillfully execute their various roles “yogah karmashu kaushalam” resulting from their relative identities.
- Aditya Hridayam – explanation, chanting and memorizing
- Bhagavad Gita – explanation, chanting and memorizing selected chapters and verses
- Introduction to Ramayan singing – styles of chaupaee, doha and chandas.
- Hindi – alphabet and vocabulary and speaking
- Vedanta – finding your true identity – study of the mind, koshas, sariras
- Research on various topics — to be researched and presented by students
- Open discussion on any matter that may arise – teenage issues, peer pressure, current events etc.
- Introduction to Yoga – Proper understanding of Ashtanga Yoga — Asanas, pranayama, meditation, etc.
- Shiv Mahimna Stotra and other stotras – chanting and memorizing
- Surya Namaskar – learn the correct postures and importance of Surya Namaskar
Class Rules, Conduct & Requirements:
- Students must be at least 12 years old.
- Students are required to successfully complete the third year program.
- Students must be punctual and attend class and Mandir Sunday services regularly. If a student is unable to attend a class or Sunday services, parent or student should notify Acharya by phone or email.
- Students must be properly attired, Mandir t-shirt and light colored pants or long skirt.
- Students are required to bring a notebook, pens/pencils, and all required texts to class.
- Students must, at all time, behave in a courteous manner with fellow students as well as Acharyas.
- Bhagavad Gita
- Tattva Bodh
- Shri Ramcharitramanas
- Aditya Hridayam